The party entered the Vistani camp and were greeted by the male leader (captain), Vincenzo, who introduced them to their group: Ivana (their female leader or raunie), Marcella (seer), Raul (blacksmith), and Gitana (led the prostanata). The party was given a taste of Vistani culture including a myth of how they became able to see the future, but they were understandably reserved and wary.
Marcella, the seer, informed the party of a beast they call The Dukkar, that can control the mists and is prophesized to destroy their people. The Vistani are unable to use their Sight on the beast, it is like a “gaping hole” she said. However, Marcella came up with a plan to find the Dukkar, that involved finding several giorgios (non-Vistani) that have been affected by the Dukkar and read their fates- like triangulation. Here is what was learned during the reading and meeting with Marcella:
• The beast was born as a “human” child to its mother, Gabrielle, the current lord of Invidia. Its father was fiend in the guise of a “handsome gentleman”
• Gabrielle betrayed her mother to her death when she was much younger, but her mother cursed her as she was dying
• Gabrielle became the lord of invidia by killing the then current leader, a werewolf name Bakholis.
• The Dukkar walks around Karina in the “guise of a child”
• It can call the mists, but can’t travel through the mists… yet.
• The Dukkar enthralls beasts and people as its minions, occasionally sending them through the mists to do “its bidding”
• The party was tasked with finding the lair of the Dukkar, which is assumed to be somewhere in the town of Korina
• The party was given Evil Eye amulets (advantage vs Charm effects)
• Sam demanded to know if she would find her child and Marcella responded that she is currently on that path and whispered in her ear
Information divined during the reading (The first 3 are the forces surrounding the Dukkar and the last 3 are possible future events)
• The Dukkar is aided by someone of great wealth in Korina, whom “you must confront”
• A shadowy faction works against the Dukkar, “ally yourselves with them”
• Someone with military training/war experience “has some part to play yet, for good or ill”
• A powerful item will come into your possession that will be used to defeat the Dukkar
• A soul will be imprisoned by madness
• One of you will be turned against your allies
Marcella also put a magical sigil of an eye on each of their hands and said, “When you are on the path you will be aided by our people, but if you stray from the path you will find strangers to be most unhospitable. Our fates are now entwined.”
After the reading with Marcella, the party left her tent and realized the mists had descended upon the camp. They procured magical weapons and other items from Raul in exchange for large chunks of raw gold and he informed them that they weren’t in Kansas anymore, “Welcome to Invidia”, he said. It was already late so Sam performed a ritual that created an alarm around their bedrolls and the party took a long rest. Reflecting back, the party realizes that their emotions were influenced magically by Gitana.